Many people in this busy world tend to eat out more than ever before. Nearly all restaurants have begun to offer low carbohydrate foods that can fulfill your needs. And there's probably not a restaurant on the planet that does not serve some very carbohydrate-rich foods. You just have to be a little choosy about where you go.
* The basic, if you're a non-vegetarian fan, order red meat less often. Red meat has the same amount of protein as poultry and fish, but it has much more saturated fat and cholesterol. Avoid sauces and dressings served on the side, instead load up on yellow, orange and red foods. The vegetables and salads are naturally low carbohydrate foods with full of flavor and nutrients, and guaranteed to fill you up. If the dish you're ordering does not come with a vegetable you like, ask the servers to substitute a different vegetable from another dish.
* In much of Mexican foods, grilled meats and seafood are at the center, and the sauces tend to be based on vegetables and fruit, with very little flour or other starch. When ordering, always ask for no rice or chips. Coastal Mexican food often revolves around grilled seafood with light and delicious sauces.
* A delicious grilled salmon steak with a touch of lemon and seasoning is yummy and full of healthy omega-3 fats along with a generous portion of non-starchy vegetables. You'll need to eat this low carbohydrate diet in an Italian restaurant.
* Another food to rely on is spicy chicken breast, cut up into tiny pieces on top of a bed of salad greens, cheese, sliced tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, and Ranch dressing. Though the taste is salty with a hint of spiciness this low carbohydrate food is not too untidy to order or enjoy.
* The mini-burgers and salad is one of the best low carbohydrate foods, as you get unlimited trip to the fresh salads. You can start with a bed of spinach leaves piled high with cheese, eggs, sunflower-seeds, bacon and dried cranberries with ranch dressing on top. Remember to order the mini-burgers without buns and eat them with mayonnaise and pickles. Add, a bowl of mashed cauliflower with a couple spoon of butter and just enjoy this meal.
* A simple two chicken breast meal with mixed vegetables and a side salad is a dish with plenty of protein and non-starchy carbohydrates to keep you satisfied for hours. Adding some butter to your mixed vegetables will give you some much-needed extra fat to make this meal tastier and healthier.
* Chinese low carbohydrate foods tends to present somewhat of a challenge as besides the rice and noodles the majority of the dishes seem to have at least some sugar and starch. Although it is perfectly possible to eat a delicious controlled-carbohydrate meal in a Chinese restaurant, you must be careful!
The best alternative is to ask the servers to prepare dish without sugar or starch with sauce on the side. Still you can order clear thin soups like egg drop, which is usually thin, steamed food including whole steamed fish or steamed tofu with vegetables, meat and vegetable combination with thin, savory sauces, stir-fried dishes without sugar or starch, Mu Shu without the wrappers, walnut chicken, egg Foo Yung without gravy, etc.
Well, I'm not a restaurant owner, but just want to suggest that restaurants are making lot of business because they see people interested in things like low carbohydrate foods. So, if you're cautious and know the proper definition of low carbohydrate diet you can enjoy great meals around the world in any restaurants.