Find Your Treatment for Sciatica – Exercises for Sciatic Nerve that Work
There is no doubt about it, this pain hurts. If you have ever dealt with this, you know just how intense this pain can be.; Even the smallest wrong movement can cause a world of hurt. You can feel anything from numbness to shooting pain, and this can put an end to the life that you are used to.
What Should You Do Before Starting Any Exercises for Sciatic Nerve Pain?
Make sure that your lower back pain is actually sciatica. There are two ways to do this:
1) Take an at home sciatica test
2) Visit your doctor
My personal recommendation would be to visit your doctor at least once. The reason is because your sciatic nerve pain could be disc related, and certain exercise routines could injure you further.
3 Exercises for Sciatic Nerve Pain – The Best Treatment for Sciatica
1. The best overall stretch
- Lay on the floor
- Have one leg bent with that foot flat on the floor
- Keep your other leg straight
- Hold your lower back against the floor
- Raise the straight leg about 8 inches from the floor
- Hold it for 10 seconds before lowering your leg
- For best results, do 10 on each leg every day
2. Buttocks Stretch
- Place a rolled up towel under your lower back
- Make two fists and put them on the rounded areas behind your head
- Hold this position for at least five minutes
- Then take a brief walk of at least 10 minutes
- Doing the stretch and then taking a walk will take the pressure off of your joints and spine
3. How to Stretch Your Hamstrings
- Lie on your back with knees bent, keep your feet flat
- Start by putting your hands behind the knee of one leg and pulling it upwards until it is straight (do not push this, if you find yourself in pain, go back to a position where you are not in pain).
- Try to hold this position for at least 20 seconds, repeat with the other leg
- Repeat this move two or three times per leg
Finding your treatment for sciatica can be easy, follow these simple exercises every day for dramatic results.